- come clean
- (informal)TELL THE TRUTH, tell all, make a clean breast of it; confess, own up, admit guilt, admit to one's crimes/sins; informal fess up.→ clean
* * *phrasal
after he comes clean, I'll do the best for you that I can — Erle Stanley Gardner
* * *come clean (slang)To confess or divulge everything• • •Main Entry: ↑clean
* * *come clean phraseto tell the truth about something that you have kept secretcome clean about/on/over:
It is time that the Opposition came clean about their plans for the self-employed.come clean with:
It was time to come clean with my mother.Main entry: clean
* * *informal be completely honest; keep nothing hidden
the company has refused to come clean about its pollution record
* * *come cleaninformal : to tell the truth about what happened : to stop hiding the truth
Eventually she came clean and helped the police recover the goods she'd stolen.
He's finally come clean about his role in the scandal.• • •Main Entry: ↑clean————————• • •Main Entry: ↑come
Useful english dictionary. 2012.